BISSELL Pet Foundation is aiming to “Empty the Shelters” by sponsoring adoption fees for dogs 6 months and older at Maricopa County Animal Care & Control (MCACC) from February 1 - 6, 2023. Thanks to the support of BISSELL Pet Foundation, this event is exclusive to MCACC. We hope to start the year off right with this lifesaving effort to take deserving pets from kennels to the couches of loving homes.
WHAT: Waived adoption fees for dogs 6 months and older at MCACC
WHEN: February 1 – 6, 2023
WHERE: Maricopa County Animal Care & Control
West Shelter: 2500 S. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85009
East Shelter: 2630 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Mesa, AZ 85201
INTERVIEWS: We hope you can visit us during one of our “Empty the Shelters” to get photos, video and learn more about our adoptable pets and the families meeting and adopting these deserving pets.
Media interested in attending can contact Kim Powell at Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org for interviews. Please give a 24-hour notice for weekend interviews.
Visuals at the adoption events includes MCACC staff and volunteers, potential adopters, animals available for adoption and more.
DETAILS: Below are some talking points and additional facts about BISSELL Pet Foundation and MCACC.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation was founded in 2011 by Cathy Bissell.
- “Empty the Shelters” is the largest funded adoption event and has helped nearly 140,000 pets find homes in 47 states and Canada since its inception in 2016.
- “Empty the Shelters” provides reduced adoption fees at shelters, typically ranging from $0 to $50 per animal adoption.
- Our nation’s shelters are overburdened and need community support. Please consider fostering or donating if you are unable to add a pet to your family.
- All adoption fees for dogs 6 months and older at MCACC are waived during the “Empty the Shelters” event.
INFO: Media contact for BISSELL Pet Foundation:
Brittany Schlacter | Marketing & PR Specialist | Brittany.Schlacter@BISSELL.com | c. 616.600.9470
Media contact for MCACC: Kim Powell | Kimberly.Powell@maricopa.gov | 602-525-4780