Long-Term Care Facilities
Guidance Documents for COVID-19
Maricopa County Public Health’s COVID-19 guidance for long-term care facilities makes recommendations for infection control, monitoring staff and residents, accepting patients from higher-acuity facilities, and more.
- Behavioral Health Residential Facility Guidance (PDF - Rev. 12/07/2020)
- Long-term Care Facility Guidance (PDF - Rev. 12/07/2020)
- Long-Term Care Visitation Guidance
- Long-Term Care Facility Reporting Line List (Excel - 09/30/2020)
- Long-Term Care Facility Testing Guidance (PDF - 09/29/2020)
- Home isolation guidance and flow chart for people who test positive or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19: English | Spanish (PDF - Rev. 11/06/20)
- Quarantine guidance and flow chart for household and close contacts of a person with COVID-19: English | Spanish (PDF - Rev. 12/02/20)
Letters and Templates
- Letter to Resident After Possible COVID-19 Exposure (PDF - Rev. 12/08/20)
- Letter to Employee After Possible COVID-19 Exposure (PDF - Rev. 12/08/20)
- Public Health Statement for Medical Absence: English | Spanish (PDF - Rev. 10/15/20)
- CDC Nursing Home Infection Prevention Training
- CDC Hand Washing Guidelines
- CDC Guidance on the Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- CDC Workplace Signs for COVID-19 Precautions and Use of PPE
- List of EPA-registered Disinfectants
- Governor’s Executive Order 2020-22: Protection of Vulnerable Residents PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
Infection Control Education
The MCDPH Health Education Empowerment Program exists to assist long-term facilities with any COVID-19 related infection control educational needs for staff and support staff at your site.
The MCDPH-Medical Reserve Corps Infection Control Team is available to support your needs during this unprecedented time and provide guidance to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 throughout our communities.
Our team will visit your site and provide guidance to any staff or support staff on infection control procedures and how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 based upon the needs of the facility.