Thank you for considering Maricopa County Animal Care and Control for your next group volunteering or off-site event! We have hosted groups for a variety of projects including animal enrichment and socialization, shelter improvement, structure development, and more! We also offer a limited number of off-site events.
Before Submitting an Event Request
Important pre-event consideration:
- Our capacity to host groups on-site or offer off-site events is limited and is dependent on staff availability to coordinate resources necessary for request.
- Due to the extreme heat, and an increase in animal intakes, we do not host on-site or offer off-site events during the months of April through September.
- We ask for a minimum of 45 days advance notice for each event to allow enough time to plan and execute a successful event.
- We generally have more availability to host groups during the work-week mornings and mid-afternoons, though we can typically only host one group per month at each shelter.
- Individuals participating should be at least 16-years-old and wear appropriate clothing and foot ware, sturdy pants and closed toed and closed back shoes. Any groups wanting to participate with minors ages 10-15 years of age, there must be one adult for every three minors. Parental/legal guardian consent forms must be signed and submitted PRIOR to event day.
- We offer a limited number of off-site opportunities for adoptions, awareness or information (licensing and pet safety). We ask businesses or groups to market these events and to consider a donation to the shelter or incentive to the participants for greater success and to help off-set the costs associated with the event.
- We have been able to accommodate larger groups or more intensive projects/events via a wonderful nonprofit partner, HandsOn Greater Phoenix.
Submit a Request
Please fill out our online Event Request form. Our Events Leadership staff meets every two weeks to review new submissions. Incomplete or unspecific submissions will not be considered.