The District primarily accomplishes structural flood hazard mitigation through its five-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) which is the revolving funding plan for accomplishing capital projects.
The District has recognized that, particularly in urban areas, localized flooding hazards exist where large structural solutions would be impractical. The Small Project Assistance Program provides a mechanism for the District to commit funding, on a limited basis, to advancing localized solutions in these situations.
Similar to the Small Project Assistance Program, the Floodprone Property Assistance Program provides a tool to mitigate flood hazards where structural solutions are impractical.
Find links to projects and studies done on floodplains including flood hazard identification studies and floodplain mapping / GIS.
Request records from the Flood Control District including requests for commercial purposes.
Find technical resources including GIS Data, Engineering Tools, and Software.
- Drainage Design Manual for Maricopa County, Volume I Hydrology - revised 12/14/18 (PDF)
- Drainage Design Manual for Maricopa County, Volume II Hydraulics - revised 12/14/18 (PDF)
- Drainage Design Manual for Maricopa County, Volume III Erosion - revised 7/30/18 (PDF)
- Drainage Policies and Standards Manual for Maricopa County - revised 8/22/18 (PDF)
- Standard Details (PDF)
- Standard Procedures (PDF)